Last updated 9 December 2021
At BDCA, we are doing all we can to protect our service users, volunteers, staff and the public. We continue to review our response as the Covid-19 situation develops and we receive new government advice.
We may make temporary changes to our service model so we can provide practical support to those in greatest need. We are truly grateful for our staff, volunteers and partners making our response possible!
If you’re visiting us, please be assured that our venues and activities are risk assessed and we’ve put measures in place to reduce transmission and maintain good hygiene. These include:
- Our activity leaders will wear masks during sessions, unless exempt
- Attendees are encouraged to wear masks during our events and activities
- Everyone is asked to wash their hands on arrival to our premises
- Providing supplies such as hand soap, hand sanitisers, tissues and hand dryers/hand towels, surface spray and wipes
- Signs encouraging frequent handwashing with soap for 20 seconds, especially before eating or handling food, after toilet visits or after coughing or sneezing. Children will be supervised to ensure they wash their hands for 20 seconds.
- Signs encouraging people to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when sneezing or coughing and to discard the tissue immediately into a bin
- No sharing of food/drinks/utensils
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and equipment regularly
- Encouraging everyone to adopt a non-contact greeting method with each other – wave hands or a ‘namaste’ approach
- Encouraging social distancing (keeping 2 metres away from each other) where possible